Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Last call out of MMA town for Kimbo Slice



Ups to the The Nassau Guardian, (a newspaper that sounds like a bodyguard)

“Boxing is really my first desire. I have a lot of love for it and believe I can do pretty well. [The sport of] MMA is somewhat of a project for me. Boxing is one dimensional while there are a lot of dimensions in MMA. I don’t think it would be a hard transition from MMA to stand-up boxing because of my fighting style. Not taking anything away from boxing preparation, MMA training is extremely hard. When you consider martial arts training, you have to prepare for kicks to the head and legs, and opponents wanting to grapple and throwing you to the ground, pounding you with their knees and hands, whereas in boxing you just have to be prepared to weave and bob although the training can be just as intense. At this point in my career, I want to take that same drive and focus that I invested in MMA and put that into training for pro-boxing cards.”


Uh-huh...sure it's your first desire. I don't respect this guy, never have and I probably never will. However, I would have respected him a lot more if he had just said "MMA is too difficult to master...I am simply too one dimensional for the sport...I am fine with just punches." Regardless of the reason why...his departure from MMA is a good thing...he has been exposed as the joke that true MMA fans knew that he was. If fact, there is a question as to whether or not Elite XC even wants him to fight his last two contract fights.

The end could not come soon enough for Kimbos MMA career. Good riddance Kimbo...you will not be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment