Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bill Goldberg is the worst MMA announcer ever




After catching a rerun of Elite XC (Lawler v. Rua) it is clear to me that Bill Goldberg did some major damage to the retarded beast that was ProElite V1.0. More to the larger issue and undeniable fact: Goldberg is (was?) the worst MMA announcer ever.

Way worse than Tito. At least with Titos incompetence as an announcer there is also some humor...I mean there is some entertainment value attached to his gems of wisdom.As well documented by Cagepotato.com:

"Well, like I said, you show your hand-speed time and time again Vitor, 185 pounds, lady and gentlemen, let's give Vitor Belfort a round of applause, an awesome 105 pounder, you just beat the number two guy in the world, buddy, you're on top of the world tonight!"

"Wow! That’s all I got to say. Vitor at 185 pounds. I don’t know. I see him beating the, uh, what was it, Anderson Silva. I see him picking him apart because you have two great boxers, and, man, that was amazing. That was the old Vitor Belfort that we all want to see. Him at 131 years old. He’s back for vengeance."



I mean...that s*** is funny in a very Michael Scott sort of way.

But with Goldberg...there is just...agony. There is nothing funny about inappropriate yelling, forced camaraderie and uncomfortable lack of MMA knowledge. It's the trifecta of annoyance...nothing funny about it.

Keep him away from the Mike that is near the cage and no one gets annoyed.



No comments:

Post a Comment